This reminds me of the Thousand Island Dressing my mother used to make. So delicious and quick to make.
Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 4 tablespoons ketchup if it contains sugar, 6 tablespoons if no sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons raw finely diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace for salt free with 1 teaspoon sumac)
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (save 1 tablespoon to stir in after blending)
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add remaining relish and stir well. Store in a jar in refrigerator.