Our Bitchin' Sauce is (we admit it) a knockoff of the popular commercial sauce loved by so many. Like many things though, we find the homemade version somehow even more wholesome and delicious than the commercial product. Try it on your next Buddha Bowl or even a salad or dip for raw veggie sticks.
- 1/3-cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup filtered water
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons Sumac (Optional to give salty taste)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons low sodium tamari or 2 teaspoons Coconut Aminos for lower sodium
Squeeze the lemon and add the garlic cloves to it in a small bowl. This can help to take a little of the heat and edge off the raw garlic. Add all the other ingredients in a blender.
Now add the garlic and lemon juice and blend on high for 30-40 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
Store in refrigerator.