Way more delicious than you would imagine!
Simple Garbanzo Beans (Serves 4)
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, soaked overnight then drained
- Filtered water to cover beans by 1 inch
- Sea salt to taste (optional, replace with 1 tablespoon sumac for no salt)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes or Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (optional, fine to delete to be oil free)
Add beans and filtered water to a medium pan. Cook beans 1 1/2 hours or until soft. Remove kombu, dice fine and return to pot.
Add sea salt or sumac, black pepper, avocado oil (optional), and red pepper flakes or Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy.
Cook an additional ten minutes for seasonings to infuse the beans. Serve and enjoy.