Curried Mung Beans and Carrots (Serves 4)
- 6 cups mung beans, sorted, washed and put in a pan with enough purified water to cover beans by 2 inches.
- 3” piece of kombu
- 1 large onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3” piece of ginger peeled and grated into pan
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 5 carrots, cut in diagonal pieces
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash “Extra Spicy” or red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional and not needed)
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- sea salt to taste (optional, replace with sumac)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Add kombu, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and mung beans covered in purified water, and bring to a boil.
Cover and turn heat on low simmer. Add carrots along with Mrs. Dash “Extra Spicy” or red pepper flakes, coriander, and avocado oil (optional).
When the beans fall apart, add jalapeños sea salt or sumac and ground black pepper. Cook for 5 minutes and serve.