This is such a good dressing. Try it and let it set for 20 minutes after making to taste the dried herbs.
Ranch Dressing Oil Free
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2/3 cup filtered water or more to thin dressing
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 2 teaspoons sumac for salt free)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 2 teaspoon dried parsley
In a high speed blender add all ingredients except the dill, chives and parsley. Blend until smooth. The mixture should be runny in texture.
Add the dill, chives and parsley and pulse briefly to mix.
Taste and adjust any seasonings you desire. For a more tangy flavor add more lemon juice and more sea salt.
Add to a glass jar and let rest for 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days. If dressing becomes too thick after storing, add a tablespoon of filtered water and stir well.