Pasta Sauce Recipe (Serves 2 - 4)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 1-2 teaspoons sumac)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (optional, replace with 3 tablespoons filtered water)
- 6 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 red, yellow, orange peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, cut in ribbons
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 16 sun dried Moroccan olives
- Large pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Add oil or filtered water, onion, garlic, sea salt or sumac and black pepper to a large pan. Cook until onion is transparent.
Add tomato, peppers and jalapeño. Stir well, cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
Next add basil, sunflower seeds, olives and red pepper flakes. Cook until basil wilts.
Stir well and serve over your favorite pasta.