Pasta Sauce Recipe (Serves 2 - 4)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 red, yellow, orange peppers, diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced
- Handful of fresh basil leaves, cut in ribbons
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 16 sun dried Moroccan olives
- Large pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Add oil, onion, garlic, sea salt and black pepper to a large pan. Cook until onion is transparent.
Add tomato, peppers and jalapeño. Stir well, cover and turn heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
Next add basil, sunflower seeds, olives and red pepper flakes. Cook until basil wilts.
Stir well and serve over your favorite pasta.