Lentils and Garden Tomatoes (Serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cup French Green Lentils, washed
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock or filtered Water
- 1 large Onion, diced fine
- 1 small hot red pepper, remove seeds and dice
- 2-3 inch piece of fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons mild Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Marsalla
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional, replace with 2 tablespoons filtered water)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups of Cherry Tomatoes or Heirloom Tomatoes from the garden, chop in medium pieces
- 1 small bunch Cilantro (Use Parsley or 2 tablespoons fresh Thyme if you don’t enjoy Cilantro)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 1 tablespoon sumac)
Sauté the onion, pepper, lemon juice, spices and ginger in avocado oil or filtered water until the onion is translucent. Add the lentils and stock or filtered water and bring to a boil.
Cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
Add fresh tomatoes, cilantro and sea salt or sumac. Stir well and cook covered another 10 minutes.
Serve over cooked brown rice. Great with a large helping of cooked dark leafy greens dressed with lemon juice, nutritional yeast and black pepper.