This is a WOW dish. You can find Curry Leaves at Oriental or Indian stores.
Red Lentils & Curry Leaves (Serves 2)
- 2 cups red lentils
- 4 – 5 cups veggie stock or purified water (more if you want it soupy)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh or dried curry leaves*, cut small with scissors or crumble
- 2 to 3 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy or red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Place all ingredients but sea salt in a large pan. Bring to a boil and turn heat to low. Cover and cook until lentils are soft, approximately 30 minutes.
Add sea salt. Let cook for 5 to 10 minutes more and serve.