It takes a bit of time to prepare and it is so worth it.
Lentil Vegetable Soup (Serves 4)
- 6 cups vegetable stock, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 inch piece of kombu sea vegetable
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 4 carrots, cut in rounds
- 3 potatoes, cut in cubes
- 1 zucchini, cut in cubes
- large handful of string beans, cut in diagonal slices
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, torn away from stems in pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
Add the vegetable stock, lentils, onion, garlic, kombu, avocado oil, oregano and turmeric to a large pot. Bring to a boil and turn to low heat.
Add celery, carrots, potatoes and let simmer until almost tender and lentils are soft (approximately 20 - 30 minutes.
Add zucchini, string beans, chard, sea salt and ground black pepper. Cook until tender and serve.