Pad Thai (Serves 2)
- 8 ounces brown or black rice pad Thai noodles (Lotus brand is good)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 1 carrot, cut in matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, cut in 2 inch slices
- 3-5 tablespoons Thai Chili Sauce or Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, unsalted
- 1/2 cup purified water
- 4 green onions, cut in diagonal thin slices
- 2 cups long mung bean sprouts
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, wash, tear leave away from stems for garnish
In a medium pan, add recommended amount of water to begin boiling for noodles. When water boils, cook noodles and drain. Set aside.
In a large fry pan add avocado oil, onion, garlic, 3 tablespoons water and tamari. Cook, stirring frequently, until onions are transparent.
Add carrots and peppers and cook 3 to 5 minutes.
Add Thai Chili Sauce, coconut sugar, lime juice, peanuts and remaining water. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
Add green onions and bean sprouts. Cook 2 minutes. Stir.
Serve in 2 bowls and garnish with cilantro.