Lentil Pureé (Serves 2 to 4)
- 2 cups red lentils
- 3 1/2 cups purified water
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2″ piece of fresh ginger, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 3″ piece of Kombu (Kombu available at health food stores)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon dried rosemary
Add lentils, purified water, garlic, ginger, turmeric, avocado oil and Kombu to a medium pan. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until lentils are soft.
Remove Kombu and cut in tiny pieces, then return it to Puree.
Add sea salt, pepper and rosemary.
Cook 10 minutes and serve. This is filling and the body loves it. It’s one of our favourite lentil dishes.