French Green Lentil Stew (Serves 4)
- 2 cups French Green Lentils
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 celery, diced
- 4 carrots, diced
- 1 bunch kale, torn in small pieces away from stem
- 4 in. daikon radish, cubed
- 3-4 Zucchini, sliced
- 3 in. piece of ginger, peel and mince
- 4 in. piece of kombu
- 6 cups filtered water or homemade vegetable Stock
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 1 tablespoon sumac)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Bring lentils, avocado oil, (optional) onion, celery, stock or filtered water and kombu to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
Add carrots, daikon, and simmer another 15 minutes. Add zucchini and kale, and simmer another 15 minutes. Cook until lentils are soft.
Remove the Kombu and cut in tiny pieces. Return it to the stew.
Season with: rosemary, sea salt or sumac and ground black pepper. Serve and enjoy.
Optional: Add one cup of cooked whole grain, like brown rice or quinoa for a more hearty stew.