Lentil and Veggies One Dish Meal (Serves 2 - 4)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional, use 2 tablespoons filtered water)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 2-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 stalks celery, cut in diagonal pieces
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut in 2-inch pieces, discarding tough parts of stem
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 large beet, cubed
- 1 parsnip, cut in half moons
- 1/2 small cabbage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3-inch piece of daikon radish, cut in triangles
- 6 cups fitered water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon marjoram or oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 1 tablespoon sumac)
- 1 bunch green onions, cut in diagonal slices (save for garnish)
In a large pan add oil or filtered water, onion, garlic, ginger, celery and sauté until beginning to soften.
Add cauliflower, broccolini, carrots, beet, parsnip, cabbage, daikon, and purified water. Bring to a boil.
Add lentils, jalapeño, turmeric, marjoram and black pepper. Cover pot and turn heat to “Simmer” for 20 minutes.
When veggies are soft, break cauliflower into pieces, add the sea salt or sumac and adjust black pepper if needed.
Serve with green onion garnish. Enjoy.