This dish is easy to make and very flavorful. It's great on whole grains or pasta.
Eggplant,, Mushroom, Peppers & Tomato Cacciatore (Serves 4)
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 12 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed in small cubes
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeños, diced small
- 28 ounce can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
In a large skillet add avocado oil, onion, garlic and mushrooms. Add 2 tablespoons of purified water and sauté, stirring frequently. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
Add eggplant, peppers, fire roasted tomatoes, dried oregano and cook until vegetables are tender.
Add capers, red pepper flakes, sea salt and ground black pepper. Continue cooking 5 minutes or so until flavors infuse. Serve and enjoy.