Oh how I love this dish. It tastes meaty and very flavorful.
Sautéed Collard Greens & Garlic (Serves 1 - 2)
- 1 bunch collard greens (5 to 6 leaves), wash, de-stem and cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons purified water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mirin or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
Warm the oil and water in a large pan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes. Add the spices (sea salt through red pepper flakes), stir and cook for 1 minute until toasted.
Add the collard greens, stirring well to coat with the oil and spices. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the mirin, stir well, and cover pan. Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for about 5 minutes more or until soft.
Add the hemp seeds and stir well.
Serve and enjoy.