Oh how I love this dish. It tastes meaty and very flavorful.
Sautéed Collard Greens & Garlic (Serves 1 - 2)
- 1 bunch collard greens (5 to 6 leaves), wash, de-stem and cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (optional)
- 3-4 tablespoons filtered water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 1 teaspoon sumac)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mirin or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
Warm the oil and water (or just water) in a large pan. Add the garlic and cook, stirring frequently for about 2 minutes. Add the spices, stir and cook for 1 minute.
Add the collard greens, stirring well to coat with the garlic and spices. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the mirin, stir well, and cover pan. Reduce heat to low and let cook covered for about 5 minutes more or until soft.
Add the hemp seeds and stir well.
Serve and enjoy.