This is one of our favorite one dish meals. Little prep and quick to make. Yummy!
Wild Rice Blend and Greens (Serves 4-6) *Adapted from Mary McDougall
- ¾ cup raw cashews or almonds
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth or filtered water
- 28 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 cups, tightly packed Swiss Chard, coarsely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos (optional)
- 4 cups cooked Wild Rice Blend
In a large pan add the nuts, onions, garlic and vegetable broth or filtered water. Cook on medium heat until onions are cooked (approximately 5-7 minutes).
Add the beans, raisins, chard, pepper and Coconut Aminos (if using them) and cook over low heat stirring often until chard is soft and cooked.
Add the Wild Rice Blend and stir frequently until warm.
Note: You can also use kale or other greens in place of the chard. Remove stems before chopping.