Chickpeas and mushrooms are a fabulous combination of taste and texture. Combining these with the sweetness of the cabbage makes this a heavenly dish. We often serve it as a one-dish-meal. Enjoy.
Cabbage Mushroom Chickpea Delight (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional for oil free)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 cremini mushrooms
- ¼ cup filtered water or vegetable stock
- 28 ounce can chickpeas
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt (optional replace with 1-2 teaspoons sumac)
- 1 small green cabbage, cut in thin 2-inch pieces
- 4 kale leaves, torn from the stem
- 4 carrots, cut in rounds
- 28 ounce can diced or crushed tomatoes
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
In a large pan add oil (optional), onion, garlic, mushrooms, water and ½ teaspoon sea salt or sumac. Cook on medium, stirring often, until onions are soft.
Add cabbage and chickpeas and cook for 10 minutes with several tablespoons of water.
Add kale, carrots, tomatoes and water. Stir and let cook for 5 to 10 minutes more.
Season with black pepper and red pepper flakes (optional). Serve.