Moroccan Eggplant, Tomato & Garbanzo Bean Stew (Serves 4)
- 1 medium to large eggplant, diced in cubes (do not peel)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, cut in small pieces
- 1 28 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cups cooked garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 Poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Thai peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 small cayenne pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch parsley, minced for garnish
Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking dish with parchment paper and add egg plant. Sprinkle well with sea salt. Bake for 35 minutes. After 20 minutes turn and continue baking. Set aside.
In a large pan add avocado oil, sea salt, onion and garlic. Stir well. Add zucchini and let cook until onions are transparent.
Add tomatoes, baked eggplant, cumin and smoked paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Stir well.
Add garbanzo beans, maple syrup, curry paste, all peppers and stir well. Cook 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve over brown rice and garnish with minced parsley. Enjoy.