Tasty and freshly crunchy with a tasty peanut sauce dressing, this salad is so good, Bill went back for thirds.
Asian Peanut Coleslaw (Serves 2 as a Main Course and 4 as a side dish) *Recipe adapted from Veggie Society)
- 2½ cups red cabbage, grated
- 2½ cups green cabbage, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- ½ cup peanuts (optional) Dry roasted, salt free is recommended for SOS-free
Add the cabbage, carrots and scallions, raisins and cilantro to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- 5 tablespoons chunky or creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons date paste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- Hot sauce to taste (optional)
In a mixing bowl add peanut butter, coconut aminos, lime juice, date paste, grated ginger, sesame seeds, red pepper flakes and hot sauce. Whisk together until a smooth and creamy sauce is achieved.
Pour the dressing over the salad. Toss well and adjust seasonings if needed.
Set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before serving to let the flavors absorb well throughoAdd paragraph text here.