When the cauliflower is cooked, it adds an amazing base to this soup. And the lentils give it a creamy texture.
Pureed Veggie Soup (Serves 4)
- 1 whole cauliflower
- 1 whole onion, peeled and diced
- 5 carrots, cut in 4 inch pieces
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and torn from stem
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sea salt to taste (Add at the end of cooking)
Put all ingredients except sea salt in a large pan. Bring to a boil, cover and turn to low heat. Cook until the lentils and vegetables are soft.
Place some of the soup and veggies in a blender and puree. Return to the stock in the pan and add sea salt to taste. Stir well and serve.
We added CRACKERS to the Soup that were made from the pulp of our veggie juicing at lunch. The recipe is on our website. Just click on "Recipes". Enjoy.