These are so tasty made with chickpea flour and lots of veggies. Great breakfast food or as a healthy snack later in the day.
Vegan Veggie Frittata
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil (optional, replace oil by increasing the filtered water below by 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons filtered water
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup mushrooms, fine chop
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional and can be replaced with 1 teaspoon sumac)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 red bell peppers, diced fine
- 3 cups spinach or baby kale, chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a saute pan over medium heat add avocado oil or filtered water, onions, garlic and mushrooms. Cook until soft.
While veggies are cooking, in a mixing bowl combine the flour, nutritional yeast, sea salt or sumac, oregano, turmeric, pepper, almond milk, lemon juice and red peppers. Mix and set aside.
Add spinach to the saute and cook until spinach wilts, stirring frequently.
Add cooked mixture to mixing bowl and stir well to combine all ingredients.
Spoon into greased muffin tin, or 8" x 8" baking dish.
Cook 20-25 minutes, or until edges are golden and center is set.
Allow to cool 5 minutes in pan, then take a knife and loosen the edges and pop them out.
Serve warm, or keep refrigerated in air tight container for 2-3 days.
To make your own chickpea flour, add 1 cup dried chickpeas to high-speed blender and blend until very fine 45-50 seconds.
To make your own almond milk, add 1/2 cup raw almonds to 2 cups filtered water in a high -speed blender and blend on high until smooth, 45-60 seconds.