This is a one dish meal that has so much flavor and many beautiful tastes.
Thai Red Curry Rice (Serves 4) *Adapted from Mary McDougall
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth or filtered water
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 tablespoons Red curry paste (if you like more heat use 3 heaping tablespoons)
- 1 Napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets (can use frozen)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets (can use frozen)
- 1 cup snap peas or 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 large tomato, diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, diced
- 1 ¼ cups cashew milk (1/3 cup cashews and 1 cup filtered water)
- 2 heaping tablespoons shredded coconut
Add broth or filtered water to a large pot with onion, garlic and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Now stir in the curry paste.
Add cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peas and Coconut Aminos. Mix well, cover and cook 5 or more minutes, until veggies are tender.
Now add remaining ingredients, rice, tomato, basil, cilantro, cashew milk and coconut, mix well and cook until heated through, about 3 – 4 minutes.