We were surprise by how delicious this was. It's a one dish meal, festive, and great for everyday or a party.
Apricot Chickpea Curry (Serves 2-3)
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Sumac (optional)
- 4 tablespoons filtered water.
- 28-ounce car chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups fresh apricots or 1½ cups dried apricots
- ½ cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, minced
- 2 medium limes, juiced
- 3 carrots, grated
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Add onion and spices to a medium pan with the filtered water. Cook until onion is tender, approximately 3-4 minutes. Turn off heat.
Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to a large bowl.
Cut apricots into 4 pieces and add to chickpeas in the bowl.
Add remaining ingredients along with the cooked onion and spices to the bowl and mix well.
Serve on a bed or lettuce with cooked grain or cauliflower rice. Enjoy.