Filled with colour, texture, lots of flavour and High Nutrient Density, this is a great all around dish. Deeply satisfying and fulfilling.
Rainbow Skillet One Dish Meal (Serves 4) *Adapted from Mary McDougall
- ½ cup vegetable broth or filtered water
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, small pieces
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 cups potato, ½ inch pieces
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked whole grain, such as brown rice or quinoa
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 bunch kale, torn small away from stems
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon basil
- Large pinch of red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter mixed into a creamy sauce with hot water
Add the vegetable broth or filtered water to a large pot and add the onion. Cook until onion is soft and then add celery, carrot, pepper and potato. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost done.
Add the corn, peas, rice, greens and herbs and spices, except for the peanut butter sauce. Stir well and cook for another 2 to 5 minutes until the greens are soft.
Stir in the peanut butter and cook until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butte
- hot water to cover the peanut butter
Add peanut butter to a small bowl and cover with hot water. Mix until smooth. Add more water if needed to create “heavy cream” consistency.