Potato Tacos (serves 4) *Adapted from Irene McDougall
- 4 Red Skin or Yukon Gold potatoes, cut in small cubes
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2-3 tablespoons taco seasoning (recipe below to make your own)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup salsa (we like Que Pasa organic salsa – medium)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Cilantro leaves, chopped
Add filtered water and potatoes to a pan and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down to a low boil until soft. When potatoes are cool, pour off any excess liquid and sprinkle well with taco seasoning and set aside.
Warm the tortillas to make them soft and pliable. We steam them in a steamer basket for 60 seconds or so.
Add 2-3 tablespoons of potatoes to each tortilla and cover with tomatoes, red onion and salsa.
Add cilantro leaves and avocado.
Enjoy with a big pan of steamed greens and vegetables.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder or 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes or Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir well. This is great on the potatoes for the potato tacos or any Mexican dish with added spices.
Store the leftover seasoning in a jar in your spice cupboard.
Add paragraph text here.