Creamy and fresh, this potato salad is a star at potlucks or just as a main meal with a salad.
- 2 pounds of red skin potatoes cut in quarters
- 1 onion diced, set aside
- 3 stalks celery cut in diagonal cuts, set aside
- 20 bread and butter pickles diced, set aside
- 2 tablespoons capers, set aside
- Large pinch of sea salt (optional, replace with 1-2 tablespoons sumac)
- 1 cup filtered water
In a medium size pan add cut potatoes and sea salt and filtered water. Cook until soft.
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 lemon or lime juiced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tamari or cocunut aminos
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, (optional, replace with 1 teaspoon sumac)
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Blend the above in a blender until smooth and creamy.
Add drained potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add sauce above plus the celery, pickles, onion and capers. Mix well. Adjust sea salt or sumac and black pepper to taste. Serve.