This cake makes a great dessert of course, but we also love it for breakfast or a snack. It's oil free and sugar free, using only 2 tablespoons of Maple Syrup and some Stevia to sweeten.
(This recipe has slightly different portions from what we did in the video because it came out a bit drier than we wanted.)
- 1 cup oat flour ( 1 cup rolled oats in a blender on high for 5-10 seconds)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup filtered water
- 2 cups pears
- 2 droppers vanilla stevia (I like Sweet Drops Vanilla Crème by SweetLeaf)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups pears, chopped, held out to fold in after all ingredients are mixed together.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk all dry ingredients together: oat flour, rolled oats, raisins, baking powder, ground flax and cinnamon. Set aside
In a blender add almonds, filtered water, pears, stevia and maple syrup and process on high speed until smooth - about 45 seconds.
Pour the liquid ingredients into the oat flour bowl and mix well until there are no lumps.
Fold in the chopped pears.
Pour into an 8” x 8” baking dish and bake at 350º F for 45 minutes, until it’s nicely browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
This can also be baked in a Bundt pan, a round cake pan or 2 small loaf pans to create a different look... but it’s just as delicious whatever shape it takes!