When you cook oil free you know you are supporting your health. Your body thanks you!
Lentil Stew - Oil Free (Serves 4)
- 1 ½ cups green lentils, sorted for debris and washed well
- 4 cups homemade stock, salt free or low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 carrots, cut in rounds
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 5 large handfuls of baby spinach or 6 chard leaves cut small with 6 kale leaves torn in small pieces
- 7 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 5 green onions, cut in thin diagonals
- Large pinch of red pepper flakes
In a large pot add veggie stock, onion, garlic and lentils. Cook covered for 15 minutes until onions are soft.
Add carrots and Italian seasoning, stir and cook an additional 15 minutes.
Add dark greens, tomato sauce and vinegar, sea salt and black pepper. Cook another 5 to 10 minutes until greens are soft.
Add green onion and red pepper flakes. Cover and turn heat off and let sit 5 minutes. Serve.