This is an amazing pasta sauce. It will surprise you how good it is.
Creamy “Alfredo” Sauce (Serves 2)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, cut in pieces
- 1 cup vegetable broth or filtered water
- ½ heaping cup raw cashews
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional, replace with 1 tablespoon sumac for salt free)
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
Add 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth or filtered water, onion and garlic to a large pan over medium heat. Cook for about 8 minutes until the onion is very tender.
Add the onion and garlic to a blender with ½ cup of the broth or filtered water and the salt or sumac, pepper, cashews, lemon juice and nutritional yeast. Blend on high for a couple of minutes until very creamy and smooth. Add the remaining broth or filtered water, as needed, to reach desired consistency for the sauce.
Taste and add more salt or sumac & pepper, if desired.
Serve over your preferred pasta.