This is delicious in a baked potato or in tacos or by itself with homemade tortilla chips.
Chickpea Guacamole (serves 4) *Adapted from Mary McDougall
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, drained, or 1 – 28 oz. can
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced or crushed
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 ounce can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy or red pepper flakes
- Optional: ½ cup cilantro, chopped
In a food processor add chickpeas, garlic and onion, and pulse until mixed yet still chunky.
Move mixture to a bowl and fold in avocado, tomato, scallions and can of green chilies.
Great to top a potato or as mixture to add to tortillas for tacos.
NOTE: Another great taste would be to roast the garlic, onion and tomatoes by air frying or baking at 350 degrees for 20 minutes on a piece of parchment paper and then following the recipe above to add them in the right order.