There's nothing like Baked Sweet Fries to compliment a veggie burger or vegan hot dog in our house.
It's a great combination using yams, sweet potatoes and regular potatoes with just enough spice to make them interesting.
We like them so much, we'll even make a main dish out of them, served with a salad.
Baked Sweet Fries (Serves 3-4)
- 3 medium yams sliced into fries or small cubes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes sliced into fries or small cubes
- 3 medium potatoes sliced into fries or small cubes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional, for oil free replace with juice of 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt (optional, replace with 1 tablespoon sumac)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Add avocado oil or lemon juice to a bowl large enough to hold the potatoes and add the spices. Mix thoroughly. It will be a stiff paste.
Add potatoes and mix until all are well coated with spices.
Pour potatoes into a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Make sure the tray is not overcrowded, that potatoes are just one layer high.
Bake 40 minutes at 400º F. You can bake them longer if you like them crisper.
Air Fryer method: Air fry at 380º F. for 25 minutes. Longer if you want them crisper.