Baby Lima Beans (Serves 2 - 4)
- 2 cups dry baby lima beans
- Filtered water to cover by an inch
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 inch piece of kombu
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (optional)
- 2 small hot red peppers, seeded and diced or 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- Sea salt to taste (optional, replace with sumac)
Wash and soak beans in filtered water overnight. Drain.
Cover with fresh filtered water or homemade salt free vegetable stock. Add onion, garlic, kombu, ground black pepper, turmeric, oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, and avocado oil (optional).
Cook until soft (approximately 1 to 1 1/2 hours), adding more filtered water if needed.
When soft, add the hot peppers or red pepper flakes and sea salt or sumac. Stir well and serve.
Delicious with a side dish of kale, chard, bok choy or tatsoi, cabbage and veggies.