Vegetable & Nut Stir Fry (Serves 4)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut in matchsticks
- 6 inch daikon radish, peeled and cut in triangles
- 1 small delicata squash, cut in half, remove seeds, cut in triangles
- 20 string beans, French cut
- 1 bunch kale, chopped in small pieces
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and diced fine
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup raw mixed nuts—almonds, hazelnuts, pecans and cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
In large skillet add toasted sesame oil, onion, garlic and sea salt. Begin cooking on medium heat.
Add carrots, daikon, and squash. Cook covered for 5 minutes and stir often.
Add cut string beans and jalapeño peppers. Cook until string beans are just beginning to be tender.
Add kale, nuts and black pepper. Stir often and cook until all vegetables are tender.