Red Lentil Stew (Serves 4)
- 2 1⁄2 cups red lentils
- Veggie stock or purified water to cover lentils by 2 inches
- 3-inch piece of kombu
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 carrots, cut in rounds
- 4 celery sticks, cut on a diagonal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Large pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
In a large pot add red lentils, veggie stock and kombu. Add onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric. Bring to a boil.
Add carrots, celery, marjoram, black pepper, red pepper flakes and avocado oil. Cook until lentils are soft. About 30 minutes.
Add sea salt. Take kombu out of pot and cut in small pieces and return to pot. Stir well and serve.