This is heaven food. Quick, quick to make and most delicious!
Quick Tamale Pie (Serves 4-6) *Adapted from Mary McDougall
- 5 cups frozen corn
- ½ cup Masa flour or corn flour (made in a high-speed blender. See below)
- ¼ cup vegetable broth or filtered water
- pinch of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy
- ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounce can chopped Green chilies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees,
Add corn, flour, broth and spices to a food processor. Process until fairly smooth. Scrape into a large bowl. Add chilies and mix well.
Scoop into an 8 x 8 baking dish. Cover and bake for 1 hour.
Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with salsa or canned chili or refried beans.
Homemade Corn Flour
- 1 cup dry polenta or corn meal (This is twice what is needed for the recipe. Gives enough to make it a second time.)
Add dry polenta to a high-speed blender and blend until a fine flour is achieved.