This is delicious, filling, and so worth making. Having brown rice or quinoa ready waiting in the fridge makes this meal easy to create in less than 15 minutes.
Quick & Easy Bowl (Serves 2-3)
- 1 cup cooked grain
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 small can black beans
- 2 scallions or ¼ cup red or yellow onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, diced or ½ cup diced tomato
- 2 cups raw spinach or arugula
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (thawed) mango
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon Braggs or Tamari (optional)
- ½ cup salsa
black pepper to taste
Optional: 1 jalapeño, small dice
Add the rice, raisins and beans to a small pan and heat, if you’d like it heated, while you prep the veggies.
Once the veggies are prepped and the rice and beans warm, add the rice and bean mixture to the bowls and top with the scallions, red pepper, jalapeño (if using it), spinach or arugula, mango, avocado, lime juice, Braggs or tamari, salsa and pepper.
Serve and enjoy.