This salad is great served raw as per the recipe or cooked for a whole new taste.
Quick Cabbage Salad (Serves 4)
- 1 small cabbage, cut in fine, small pieces
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 28-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup fresh parsley or kale, chopped fine
- juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in pieces
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 cup filtered water
Squeeze the juice of the lemon into a small bowl and add the cut garlic to it. Let rest while prepping the salad ingredients.
Add all salad ingredients to a big mixing bowl and toss to combine.
Add the lemon juice and garlic to a high-speed blender along with the rest of the dressing ingredients and blend on high.
Pour dressing over the salad and mix well. You may want to let the salad rest an hour for the dressing to infuse its flavors.
Note: Enjoy the salad raw as a one dish meal or as a hearty salad on the side. Then cook the remainder and experience a whole new taste.