Potatoes, mushrooms and kale are a delicious combination. The ultimate in High Nutrient Dense comfort food. 😎 This recipe is a one-dish meal adapted from Mary McDougall.
Peppered Kale Mushroom Potatoes (Serves 2-3) *Adapted from Mary McDougall
- 6 cups potatoes, cubed in ½ inch cubes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 3 to 4 cups mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch kale, torn in small pieces away from stems
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos (optional)
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (optional, replace with chili powder)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place cubed potatoes on parchment paper for air frying or baking. Air fry for 25 minutes at 350º or bake for 35 minutes at 350º. They can also be boiled.
While potatoes cook, add onion, garlic, filtered water and mushrooms to a large frypan. Cook, stirring often, until onions and mushrooms are soft (approximately 6 minutes).
Add the kale and cook, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
Add Coconut Aminos, (or 1 tablespoon filtered water if not using Coconut Aminos), curry paste or 1 tablespoon chili powder and stir well.
Add potatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes until kale is tender.