Very quick to make and totally delicious, these moist morsels will surprise you with their rich flavour.
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 4 pitted dates, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or ½ teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- additional fruit from below if desired
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Add bananas, almond butter and dates to a food processor and process until the bananas are well puréed.
Add vanilla, baking powder, rolled oats, almond flour (if using) and additional fruit (if using) and pulse to mix in well.
Spoon into silicone mini-cupcake pan and bake for 25 minutes, until tops are golden and firm to the touch. You can also press into an 8” x 8” baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.
Optional Fruit to create variety.
Add any one of the following:
- 1 ½ cups blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 apple grated, plus ½ cup raisins, plus 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries, 1 ½ tablespoons orange zest, 2 tablespoons orange juice