A whole new taste in potato salad. Tasty and satisfying.
Mexican Potato Salad (Serves 4) *Adapted from Mary McDougall
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut in chunks
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, cut in small pieces
- ½ small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced in diagonal slices
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 can mild chopped green chilies
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 limes, juiced
- Optional: 1 head lettuce (if serving as a main meal)
- Optional: sriracha or salsa as a topping
Cook potatoes for 20 to 30 minutes until just tender, not mushy. Drain and add to a large bowl.
Add corn, tomato, red pepper, Jalapeno, red onion, green onions, pressed garlic, cilantro, chopped green chilies and cumin, chili powder, oregano, pepper and lime juice and stir well.
NOTE: If serving as a main meal, serve over a bed of lettuce. If using as a side dish, serve plain.
Also, it’s great to let everyone add Siracha or Salsa at the table if they wish.