Hummus is a delicious and "multi-talented" dish. We love it with veggies sticks, on Corn Thins with avocado, atop a baked potato, and we even thin it with lemon juice or water to make a salad dressing.
Hummus (Serves 2 - 4)
- 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, drained of all but ½ cup of bean juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 1 cup brown sesame seeds
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, fresh or oil free in a jar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 1 tablespoon Sumac)
In a small bowl, juice the lemon and add the peeled garlic. Set aside for 5 minutes. This takes the edge off the raw garlic for a smoother tasting hummus.
Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend thoroughly until a smooth paste is achieved.
Add additional vegetable stock or purified water if the mixture is too thick and chunky.
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Roasted Garlic
- 1/2 cup cooked beets plus an extra sprinkle of Sumac