This is a delicious combination of cooked greens and sweet vegetables. We add it as a side dish to our lunches quite often and never tire of it.
Greens with Carrots & Peppers (Serves 2)
- 1/2 bunch kale, washed and torn in small pieces without stems
- 1/2 bunch chard, washed and torn in small pieces without stems
- 1/3 small cabbage, cut in small pieces
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Jalapeño pepper, seeded and de-veined
- 2 carrots, washed and cut in chunks
- 1/4 cup filtered water
Add carrots, peppers, cabbage, kale and chard to a large pan. Add 1/4 cup filtered water and turn heat to medium.
When the water boils, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
Serve on individual plates topped with Oil Free Caesar Dressing under "Dressings."