This is an all time favorite for our friends and family. The cashews create an exquisite creaminess that has everything melting in your mouth.
Creamy Cashew Vegetable Soup (Serves 4 Large Servings)
You can use the vegetables listed in the recipe below or whatever vegetables you have on hand that sound good to you. A WOW soup!
- 1 whole cauliflower cut in quarters
- 3 carrots, cut in rounds
- 1 zucchini, cut in 1/2 moons
- 1/2 small cabbage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, cut in diagonal slices
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves, diced
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (optional, replace with 2 teaspoons sumac)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 cups filtered water plus 1 extra cup used to blend cashews
In a large pot add 4 cups filtered water, onion, garlic, ginger, cauliflower, marjoram and turmeric. Bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat to medium.
Add carrots, cabbage and celery.
When all vegetables are soft, add zucchini.
In a blender add cashews, sea salt or sumac, black pepper and 1 cup purified water.
Blend until smooth and add to vegetable soup. Mix well and serve.