This is our version of WFPB Gingerbread Men. No eggs, no fat, no refined sugar... and so delicious. Give them a try and let us know what you think. (This is one recipe that is not SOS free as we use molasses and maple syrup in to give it a gingerbread taste.)
Gingerbread Men (Or Ginger Cookies)
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flax mixed in 2 1/2 tablespoons filtered water. Set aside).
- 3 cups flour (homemade: 3 cups rolled oats blended on high 10 to 15 seconds)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon stevia
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Add wet ingredients including the flax egg to a small bowl and mix well.
Bake 15-20 minutes. Less time provides softer cookies and more time creates crisper cookies.