This recipe comes from Chef A.J. and is called "Barefoot" because it knocks your socks off. We have adapted it so you can still leave your socks on and enjoy the delicious tastes Chef A.J. offers in a more mild version.
Barefoot Dressing - Version II
- ¾ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons unsweetened rice vinegar
- ¼ cup lime juice, add zest if using fresh
- 2 unsweetened pear halves (canned or jarred, in their own juice)
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2½ tablespoons stoneground mustard
- 1½ tablespoons onion
- 1½ cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup chia seeds dissolved in 1¾ cup of water or the unsweetened pear juice from the can or jar.
Soak chia seeds in the water or unsweetened pear juice.
Place remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Add chia seed slurry and blend again.